ORDER PROCESS GUIDE
To enable our first time customers to understand the process which will enable them to acquire a printed product we hope that this simple guide will enable them to understand the sequence of events leading to their printed product(s).
- The customer makes an enquiry giving Badgemate the quantity of the product that they require and the artwork where possible, dont forget we can help with your artwork if required.
- We require a deadline date that the product is needed for to ensure this is achievable.
- Badgemate submit the quotation providing a request for any further information that may be required.
- The customer accepts the quotation and submits a written order.
- On receipt of the order, Badgemate provide the customer with a proof of the artwork that has been provided, at this point the logo or text may be repositioned and adjusted to the customers satisfaction. We will always try to work with the customer to create a proof that is acceptable from your artwork, and should it be required we will create better artwork for the customer in the process, ensuring the product looks great when it is finally printed.
- The customer approves the final proof in writing.
- The product is printed and supplied according to the terms discussed in the quotation and the customers signed off proof.
How to provide artwork
We recommend that you supply your artwork as a high resolution PDF, EPS or jpeg, with crops and bleed.
Images should be saved preferably as 300dpi high resolution JPEGs or alternatively an EPS in outline format.
Accepted file formats
Hi-res Adobe PDF (fonts embedded) EPS (with fonts converted to outlines) and JPEG.
Fonts and Text Sizes
For simple requirements the best fonts to use are common fonts that are easily readable. The most common fonts we see are traditional Arial or Times Roman. Where the text size is too small, designs can suffer from ‘bleed through’ when printed. Here the ink colour runs into an area it should not because the area is too small to sustain a periphery around it.
The flexibility of personalisation enables the recipient to select both the lanyard strap colour and the text ensuring the perfect corporate combination for your business.
Colours can vary massively from computer screen to print so please ensure that you supply a hard copy so we know the colours you are expecting. If you are looking for a spot colour please refer to the Pantone colour system to help you choose or identify the exact result you require.